- This event has passed.
NCW Victoria May Forum
May 2, 2019 @ 9:45 am - 11:30 am
Theme: Sustainable and Safe Cities, especially for Women & Girls, focusing on Safe Streets
- 9:45 Venue opens, sign-in, registration kits distributed
- 10:00 President, Elisabeth Newman, introduces May Hu OAM JP, Coordinator of Standing Committee
- 10:05 Panel Introduction: Elida Brereton, Executive member, who will be the moderator
- 10:10 Martin Habgood & Phuong Chau (VicRoads), Safe Streets from a Road Safety perspective: this will discuss improvements to accessibility and safety for pedestrians, cyclists and older road users
- 10:25 Hoa Yang (ARUP), Perception of Safe Streets in Central Melbourne: will present on research collaboration between XYX Lab Monash and Arup, analysing lighting measurements across 80 different sites in Melbourne CBD to find practical solutions to make our city feel safer at night time
- 10:40 Last speaker: Representative of City of Melbourne (TBC) outlining the Council’s future plans
- 11:00 Questions and comments, to be addressed by Panel Members
- 11.20 Sum up by Moderator; Thanks by May Hu. Evaluation form to be completed
- 11.30 Close. Light refreshments to follow.
The May Forum 2019 focuses on Sustainable and Safe Cities, which reflects the ICW-CIF Theme – “Social protection for all women and girls: Sustainable development for the world”.
The emphasis of the Forum will be on what makes a Safe City/Safe Streets – viz. wide streets, pedestrian malls, good visibility, good lighting and signage, good public transport etc. Everything that ought to come under good planning.
Registrants will receive a folder with program, speaker bios, and relevant background materials.
If you are interested in attending, clip and post the below to NCW Victoria, PO Box 18186, Collins St East 8003 or email email@example.com
- Tel. No
- Postal address/email
- Yes I/we plan to attend the May 2019 forum and enclose $25 ($30 non-members) per person. A cheque for $……… is enclosed OR $……… by Electronic Transfer to: Account name: National Council of Women of Victoria Inc., Bank: Westpac 263 Victoria Street Abbotsford 3067, BSB:033031, Account Number: 263920, Reference: Please provide your last name and initial.