- This event has passed.
Burning Bright without Burning Out – 8th Sep 2022
September 8 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm AESTA$25.00
Learn how to empower yourself not just to work within the constraints of the system but to challenge it without negative career consequences, including how to enforce boundaries and how to manage personal stories and beliefs that doctors are conditioned to have.
Our expert panel will discuss real-life scenarios to provide insights and solutions in an interactive and honest session.
Date: Thursday September 8th 2022
Time: 7pm – 8:30pm
Confirmed panel speakers*:
- Dr Sally Bell (Director of Gastroenterology at Monash Health)
- Dr Neela Janakiramanan (Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon and author of ‘The Registrar’)
- Grant Forsyth (Director Workplace Relations AMA Victoria. CEO – Australian Salaried Medical Officers Federation Victoria)
- Kate Boorer (Confidence Coach and author of ‘Core Confidence’)
*Awaiting confirmation of an HR representative from public hospital.
The above panel of speakers will provide insights on how to manage challenging scenarios that doctors encounter at work. These scenarios will be created from real-life experiences collated anonymously (an anonymous google poll is running); an example could be a doctor working more hours than they should but not logging their overtime hours because they have been told that their department doesn’t like people who complain, or a doctor being asked not to take leave because the department is short-staffed.
Submit your questions: What workplace scenarios have happened to you that in retrospect you would have liked support with? All experiences will remain anonymous and will be used to help create scenarios that our speaker panel will discuss and unpack on the night.
If you’d like to contribute a scenario to be discussed, reach out to us by filling out this form here.
Venue: Online Zoom Event. All registrants will be sent a Zoom Link within 24 hours of the event.
Attendees: Tickets are free to all AMA Victoria members and VMWS members.
- AMA Victoria Members – register via this link.
- VMWS Members – please RSVP via this link (requires member log-in).
- Non AMA/VMWS Members – $25 per ticket (register below)
Not a VMWS member? Join via the link here.
Please note that this event will NOT be recorded, to protect privacy of the forum.